We respect and value your data
CG Design Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions And Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Part 14 below
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by CG Design Ltd, a limited liability company. Our registered address is 34 Carlton Street, Rotorua, 3010, New Zealand.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
- IP address
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site
Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any non-essential email).
We will email you some emails that are relevant to our product and service. These are essential for our service.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. we will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- We periodically delete data based on periods of inactivity. If you account remains unused we will delete this after 1 year
- We will periodically request consent to send marketing emails to emails that we hold for purposes and delete emails where consent is not given
9. How And Where Do You Store Or Transfer My Personal Data?
We use specific contracts with Ilex Software Ltd in the UK who provide services to us for the operation of our product and service. Your data is treated to the same GDPR compliance standard by both Ilex Software Ltd and CG Design Ltd.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to Us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All personal machines that access and may hold personal data and backups are fully encrypted
- All web servers are secured using industry standard best practice
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products and services. These include payment processing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 14 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. we have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The following first-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
This cookie is used as part of our asset and caching system. It helps with page load times
When a user session is required to be tracked, for example by adding a product to a shopping basket or using livechat, this identifier will be used to enable the expected website functionality
Used to help the website establish if your browser is set to accept cookies
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Chris Parnell, CG Design Ltd
Phone: +64 21 119 0164
Address: 34 Carlton Street, Rotorua, 3010
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change Our business in a way that affects personal data protection.